NCLCA needs your help at the upcoming conference. Please consider signing up to moderate a concurrent session (or two or three or four). No experience necessary!
Being a moderator is very simple:
• Speak with the presenter to discover how to pronounce his/her name(s)
• Help distribute handouts if needed
• Make sure there are enough chairs
• Find someone to assist with technology if there’s a problem
• Greet the session attendees
• Close the door when the session begins
• Introduce the speaker
• Signal the presenter a few minutes before the session is due to end
• Encourage attendees to complete a session evaluation on Guidebook (preferred) or on paper
• Collect any paper responses, separate the carbon copies and give one set to the presenter. The other set goes in your envelope, which will be returned to the registration desk.
At the conference registration table you will receive an envelope with everything you need. The session schedule is already available on the website and in Guidebook. Feel free to select your sessions of interest and be the moderator too! Once you register to be a moderator, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to a Google Sheet to sign up for specific sessions.